10 Questions to Ask When Selecting Your Home Builder
Selecting the right builder is a key step in the process that builds your dream home.
Asking builders the questions below will help you choose the right builder to create your new home. This builder will be the person who helps you make your dream come true, or not…so this is the most important person you will be working with during your home building process. Your builder will be your connector to all the other people and the information that you need during the entire process.
These questions will also help you better understand key steps in the building process and the decisions you’ll make, in partnership with the builder, to bring your new home to life.
- How many years have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
- Do you build a turnkey home? If not, please give detailed list of what is NOT included.
- Are you licensed and insured?
- What type of warranty do you offer?
- Can you give me references from prior home buyers? Do you build model homes I can tour?
- May I provide my own set of plans?
- How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
- How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
- What is the time frame for the construction process?
There may be other important questions you wish to ask, so feel free to add them. However, the list above is a great starting point to select the firm to build your new home.